We believe that every young adolescent…
- Has the capacity to learn, grow, and develop into a knowledgeable, reflective, caring, ethical, and contributing citizen.
- Must have access to the very best programs and practices a school can offer.
- Must be engaged in learning that is relevant, challenging, integrative, and exploratory.
- Faces significant life choices and needs support in making wise and healthy decisions.
- Thrives academically, socially, and emotionally in a democratic learning environment where trust and respect are paramount and where family and community are actively involved.
- Deserves educators who are prepared to work with this age group, who are themselves lifelong learners and committed to their own ongoing professional development and growth.