The Give Next program has been at Lincoln since the 2016-17 school year. Give Next grew from a community discussion to create a philanthropic movement, inspire giving, and foster youth community engagement.
- Give Next is a youth philanthropy program that helps students understand what it means to give of their time, talent, and treasure.
- Each Give Next classroom receives $5,000 through a donation from a generous community member(s). Students spend the year learning about community issues, identifying a mission that is important to them, learning about and volunteering at local nonprofits, and ultimately awarding grants to nonprofits that align with their mission and spark their passion.
- Bohemian Foundation manages Give Next, in partnership with the Community Foundation of Northern Colorado, and a community advisory committee.
- Classroom donations come from local individuals, businesses, or foundations and 100% of the donated funds go to the nonprofits selected to by the students to receive grants.
- Guided by a basic curriculum, students are empowered to design their specific process each year; selecting the mission statement, determining how to research nonprofits, evaluating applications, and making grant recommendations.