7th and 8th grade Girls Softball will start March 1!
Additional safety protocols and guidelines will be implemented to promote a safe and full season, including playoffs. Coach Garcia and Coach King are looking forward to seeing you on the field.
• Preseason Softball Camp: Monday-Thursday 2/22-2/25 from 3:15-4:45 PM at Lincoln
• Practices: Monday-Thurs. 3:15-4:45 PM at Lincoln beginning Monday 3/1 (Fridays TBD)
• Parent Meeting time and date will be announced soon.
Athletes will need a glove, pair of cleats and softball socks. Let us know if you need a hand with these.
7th and 8th grade girls interested in Lincoln Softball need to sign up as soon as possible during lunch.
To participate, the following items must be turned-in by Wednesday, Feb. 24th:
1. Turn in a hard copy of your Current Physical from your Doctor’s office to Ms. Murillo during lunch. A physical is only good for 364 days. Lincoln now offers physicals at Lincoln! The Health and Wellness Center at Lincoln Middle School offers sports physicals/annual exams, sick visits, mental health services year-round. There is a $0-$35 sliding scale for qualifying families, & they accept Medicaid/CHP+ and most insurance plans. No co-pays/deductibles are required. Physicals must be scheduled in advance online here or call (970) 488-4950
2. A parent/guardian signed COVID waiver (new this year)
3. Pay the $120 Athletic fee or fee is waived for free or reduced lunch eligible students
4. Complete the Online Lincoln Athletic Registration
Tony Garcia, Head Varsity Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Evan King, Assistant Varsity/JV Coach, email@example.com
Jake “Mac” McCollum (AP/Athletic Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
6th, 7th and 8th Grade Boys Soccer Club starts in February. There will be a preseason training camp on Mondays and Thursdays starting Feb. 22 with tryouts on March 8 & 9.
Make sure to get your COVID waiver and permission slip from Mr. Schrom or the main office.
Soccer Club costs $50 for the season. Use School Pay to pay the fee.
Track will begin April 12. It is open to 6th, 7th, and 8th Graders.
Golf is scheduled to begin March 22.
Unified Basketball is scheduled to begin March 29
6th, 7th and 8th Grade Girls Soccer Club starts in mid-April; look for more information soon.
Lincoln is one of four schools in the Poudre School District that offers boys and girls soccer as a sport. The team is open to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders, but the team is limited to roughly 25 kids, so students must tryout to join the team. In addition to competing against the other three PSD schools, Lincoln is also part of the Northern Plains Middle School League. Players can expect to play between 10 and 20 games a season! The boys team plays in the fall while the girls team plays in the spring. Tryouts for the boys team occur almost immediately after school begins. Please contact the coach for more information.
Coach, Tom Chandler
New for Spring 2021: Flag Football
Mr. Martinez is currently offering Flag Football after school on Tuesdays and Wednesdays until 4:15 for all grades. There is no need for a physical, just a COVID waiver/permission slip. Pick one up at the main office today.