Head Coach: Tim Dolan 970-690-6743
Assistant coaches: Sheila Long and Evan King
First day of practice is August 20, 2019
Practices are Monday-Friday 3:15-4:45pm. Please be picked up by 5:00pm
Students interested in tennis should come to a Meeting in Ms Hallet's room 118 at 3:15pm on Tuesday and Wednesday August 19 and 20 or talk to Coach King or Coach Long with questions.
August is the beginning of a new season and school year and now the time to begin practicing for Tennis! Hopefully during the off-season athletes have taken the opportunity to stay in shape, play a few matches and prepare for this season!
The information below is to be considered the week prior to the first day of practice.
- Anyone who wants to joint the team may do so, regardless of ability and academic standing.
- The team is part of an organized league in the Poudre School District in which most of the junior high schools participate.
- The season lasts approximately seven weeks and consists of both practices and/or matches two to four days per week.
- Matches are played against the other schools and players are matched based upon ability.
- In order to remain on the team, athletes must regularly attend practices. Eligibility will also depend on behavior, attitude, and overall participation.
- Students ARE required to have a sport physical for tennis as tennis is no longer a club sport but an official PSD sport and must follow official PSD athletic requirements.
- Suggested Equipment Participants will need to purchase a tennis racket and shoes.
- Practices: Practices begin the first week of school. Times and days of the week to be determined.
- Please check the School Calendar for the dates of first practice and team photo days.
- Please notify coaches of any medical needs that are specific to your player (asthma, hearing, etc.)