Sports, clubs and activities play a substantial role in the academic, social and emotional well-being of our youth. Studies have shown that participating in such opportunities help provide positive and sustainable growth for children. It also provides families the ability to connect outside the home and share a common bond through health and fitness. We invite you to join the Lincoln Athletic family through participation in one or more of our sport programs.
If your child is a 6th grade student, the Fort Collins Recreation Department and Poudre School District have partnered up to offer sports through the City.
Before an athlete is permitted to participate in practice he/she must complete the following steps (All forms and payments are to be turned in by the student to the Athletic Secretary):
1. Sports Physical- Please fill out and sign the Middle School Athletic Participation forms/ Middle School Athletic Participation Forms-Spanish Your doctor will complete the Physicians Certificate of Student Fitness for Athletic Participation and parents should complete the Student Medical Information Form. All forms need to be submitted to the athletic secretary, Mrs. Proano-Arreola. Please visit the main athletics page for available locations. (Financial aid is available upon request)
2. Fees- There is a $110 fee assessed per sport. (Financial aid is available upon request). Home-Based, Charter and Private School Students 6th-8th grade pay $165 per sport .
3. Insurance- Each athlete is required to provide proof of school or personal insurance. (financial aide is available upon request.) Please visit the main athletics page for available insurance forms.
4. Eligibility Policy- Lincoln and PSD has developed academic, attendance and behavior expectations for students to adhere to in order to participate in athletics. Students and parents are required to read and sign Lincoln’s athletic eligibility form.
5. Authorization for Participation- Once the student has turned in all their paperwork, the Athletic Secretary will provide a yellow authorization card. Upon completion, the card must be turned in to the coach to keep on record in case of an emergency. The card serves as the final documentation/clearance for play.
Practices- Practices occur after school from 3-5:15pm. Parents are asked that athletes are picked up from practice no later than 5:45pm. The City bus is available free of charge for city youth.
Games/Matches/Tournaments- Sport competitions occur among all of the Middle Schools in the district. Generally, competitions begin at 3:30pm and last as late as 6:00pm. District tournaments occur depending upon the sport and at times on the weekends. Please visit the individual sport schedules for this information.
Equipment- Most sporting equipment and game uniforms are provided by the district/school, with exception to specialty items. Please visit the individual sport pages for additional information.
Volunteers- We welcome community members and parents to offer their time and support as volunteer coaches. In order to do so, please contact the individual coaches and Athletic Director for more information. Prior to coaching, all personnel must sign up through the District Human Resources Office and complete a background check.
Charitable Contributions- The Lincoln Athletics program is often seeking means toward funding various improvements of the program as well as the purchase of miscellaneous needs for athletes. Please contact the Athletics Office if you are interested in financially supporting our needs.