2012 Season Summary
Let’s send out a congratulations to the Lincoln Tennis Team for advancing in the district tournament. Anna Hoffman and Elsa Berkner are ranked 1st and 3rd in the district tournament and are playing strong. We also have our #2 Doubles players Aaron Pickelner and Charlie Strobel as well as the #3 doubles players Tyler Overly, John Murzyn and #3 Girls doubles advancing in the tournament. Congratulations to all Lincoln Tennis for making such a strong appearance at the tournament.
Head Coach: Shireen Updegraff (970) 219-4107
- Tennis Schedule
- Sport Photos
August is the beginning of a new season and school year and now the time to begin practicing for Tennis! Hopefully during the off-season athletes have taken the opportunity to stay in shape, play a few matches and prepare for this season!
The information below is to be considered the week prior to the first day of practice.
- Anyone who wants to joint the team may do so, regardless of ability and academic standing.
- The team is part of an organized league in the Poudre School District in which most of the junior high schools participate.
- The season lasts approximately seven weeks and consists of both practices and/or matches two to four days per week.
- Matches are played against the other schools and players are matched based upon ability.
- In order to remain on the team, athletes must regularly attend practices. Eligibility will also depend on behavior, attitude, and overall participation.
- Students are NOT required to have a sport physical for tennis, BUT it is highly recommended.
- Suggested Equipment Participants will need to purchase a tennis racket and shoes.
- Practices: Practices begin the first week of school. Times and days of the week to be determined.
- Please check the School Calendar for the dates of first practice and team photo days.
- Please notify coaches of any medical needs that are specific to your player (asthma, hearing, etc.)